Thursday, September 11, 2014

PART 1: The basics of Waist Training

Hello!

Laura's post "What not to do when buying your first corset" was super popular, 
so I realized that many of us are just starting or wanting to start Waist Training.


I am making a list of the basics you'll need to decide whether or not you'll be able to adapt Waist training into your lifestyle, the buying and seasoning process, and tips that may help once you are training.


1.- Decide if Waist Training fits in your daily routine

If you have been reading about waist training and seen everyone's amazing results I am sure you are tempted to start your own Waist training journey, but you must consider a few things before jumping to buy a corset.
6 months Results

1.1 You need to dedicate many hours to Waist Training

The first thing you need to think about is your daily activities, imagine yourself doing everything you do in a day but with a corset on.
Corseting takes time 
For example,

If you were a personal trainer at a gym, and you'd work 5 hours at the gym and then 3 hours at the pool every morning, you would only be able to start training after those activities. (Which is not impossible, but that's 8 hours a day that you won't be able to Waist train)



phone interview businesswoman office work computer jobBut if you have an office job, and you will be sitting for 8 to 10 hours without doing any physical activity, you would be able to Waist train at work without much effort, and that's a great way to start training.



I've read that you need between 18 and 23 hours a day to see results, but that actually depends on every person.

I began training 2 to 3 hours a day the first couple of weeks, 10 hours a day the next month, and 20 to 23 hours a day the following 2 months, by then my waist was already 2" smaller, and my corset was fully closed.

I was happy with that reduction and began decreasing the training time again to 10 hours , I wore my 22" corset fully closed for about six months, and I just recently decided to size down.

1.2 Be aware that you MUST do some exercise if you are waist training
Beauty is on the inside!  You're just deciding to improve your already beautiful self :)  #motivation #inspiration
pinterest

Another important consideration is that you will need to do core exercises at least twice a week.
That's because the corset will be supporting you all day and your core muscles could get weak.

And of course doing exercise is a great way to get faster results and feel your best. (and we all should exercise to be healthy , waist training or not)


1.3 Be ready for a few diet changes

Although this is not completely necessary and some people never change their diet, there are a few things that you can avoid in order to make your training more comfortable, for example:

Sodas, Coffee, excessive fats, bread, gassy foods and everything that would cause bloating or inflammation.

This is a post from the tighlacing society with some real life examples

And just as exercise, this is something that we should be doing anyway.

Also, a  positive side effect almost everyone experiences is that you can't eat large amounts of food when waist training which is very healthy too and helps you to avoid overeating.

In my experience this has been true, I used to eat until my tummy hurt lol, but now the corset won't allow that much food and it will become slightly uncomfortable if I eat a little more than a normal sized portion of food.

So if you want to make this the right and healthy way, it will definitely be a positive lifestyle change.
Just make sure you have enough time because it requires effort, but trust me the results are worth it!

Have a great day and stay tuned for the next post : Buying a corset




No comments:

Meet the blogger

My photo
North, Mexico
My name is Mai, I am 26 y/o I've been Waist training since 2013 and I'd like to share my results, tips and experience.

Blog Archive